Save Family Farming seeks a motivated individual to serve as Digital Media Specialist. The ideal candidate will be a detail-oriented individual who has the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and can schedule and complete projects independently.
Under the supervision of the Executive Director and Communications Director, the Digital Media Specialist will assist in managing SFF digital and social media channels across all platforms, including the main website, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, as well as channels of local affiliates such as Whatcom Family Farmers and Eastern Washington Family Farmers.
All posts, user interactions, and management of digital and social channels will be for the purpose of growing SFF and its affiliates’ brand awareness and/or achieving SFF’s specific public outreach objectives.
This is a part-time, non-exempt position of 12-20 hours per week. The Digital Media Specialist will have the ability to work remotely and set their own schedule, but will be required to attend occasional daytime meetings in Lynden on weekdays. Job responsibilities will include occasional work during evenings and weekends.
– Create engaging, compelling posts using SFF-created content and creative assets
– Monitor posts, comments, and other interactions on SFF channels, and alert SFF leadership to activity that needs immediate attention
– Respond to comments, messages, and other feedback on SFF channels
– Manage SFF social media advertising accounts, including purchasing advertising, creating and managing target groups, tracking campaign metrics, and using tools to grow audience, reach, and engagement
– Assist with management of SFF websites and coordination of other SFF digital communications, including online advertising
– Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Environmental Studies, Communication, or similar relevant field; OR equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
– Experience with Facebook Business Manager
– Familiarity with WordPress
– Experience with agriculture is beneficial
Non-profit experience is beneficial
$18-$24 per hour, DOE.
To apply, submit a cover letter, resume, and list of three professional references, in a single PDF document, to email@example.com. The position is open until filled.
About Save Family Farming:
Save Family Farming, a 501(c)(5) non-profit organization, is the unified voice of Washington’s family farmers. Our unique role is to reach out to the non-farming public to build a better understanding of what our family farmers are doing to grow and produce great food in a way that consumers today expect. Our farmers, with very few exceptions, are environmental stewards and leaders, excellent employers who care for and protect the interests of their employees, and caretakers who treat animals with respect and dignity. As more voices in our polarized world speak out against “industrial agriculture” and “factory farming”, we work to set the record straight at the statewide level and with our local affiliates.